Choose a topic and write at least 250 - 300 words. You have 45 minutes for this task.
1. Some colleges and universities are now designing “mobile courses” i.e. their courses can be used on phones, tablets, iPads etc. Say if you agree or disagree with the idea of learning in this way. Support your answer with reasons and examples.
2. In many countries, college and university graduates must pay for their education. In some cases the money is cut from their salaries when they start working. Do you agree or disagree with this idea for the UAE? Support your answer with reasons and examples.
3. Many graduates are now choosing to work in Abu Dhabi. Compare and contrast working in Fujairah versus working in Abu Dhabi. Say which city you would prefer to work in and give a reason for your choice.
4. Dubai Women’s College now has a large number of male students. Compare and contrast studying in a single gender class (women only) with a mixed gender class (men and women together). Which would you prefer and why.
5. Many graduates prefer to work in the government sector after graduating. Compare and contrast working in the government sector versus the private sector. Say which you would prefer and why.
6. Dubai Women’s College now has a large number of evening classes to cater for the working students. Compare the similarities and differences between AM classes and PM classes and say which you think are better and why.
7. Compare and contrast arranged marriages and love marriages. Say which one you would prefer if given the choice and why.
8. Nowadays many people like shopping on the internet. Compare and contrast shopping on the internet with the option of shopping in a mall. Say which you prefer and why.
9. In many countries around the world, English is used as a means to teach university classes even though English may not be the first language of the students. Compare and contrast the advantages of using English as the means to deliver these lessons instead of using the native language of the students.
10. Many people believe that raising children in the country is better than raising them in the city. Compare and contrast the benefits of living in the country and living in the city giving examples.
11. These days many students prefer to go overseas to complete their university education. Compare and contrast the benefits of studying abroad and studying in your home country. Support your answer with examples.
12. Fast food is readily available throughout the world and many people prefer to eat out at restaurants rather than cooking at home. Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of eating at restaurants compared to eating home cooked meals.
Useful Search Engines